Friday 3 March 2017

27 weeks pregnant

I am 27 weeks pregnant with my third baby. I almost feel sad in a way because this is my last baby. My husband and I thought we'd only ever have one. After having post natal depression with my first son, Kaysan who is now 5, we were both a little bit scared of having to go through that again. I fell pregnant with Noah, who is now 3, by surprise. I decided to have my placenta encapsulated after he was born and maybe its just a coincidence but I felt great after he was born. The happier experience with Noah made me feel that I wanted to do it again. I felt like I'd missed out the first time and that I'd only experienced it once. So we decided, well I decided, to have another baby. Getting my husband to agree wasn't easy. He wanted another but not yet. He wanted a larger gap and I didn't. I was approaching 30 and wanted to be done with having babies by 30. Eventually he agreed.

Here I am now at 27 weeks feeling sad that my last pregnancy is coming to an end in the next 13 weeks give or take because lets face it babies come when they want. On the other hand this pregnancy has been by far my worst pregnancy. I've had severe morning sickness which put me in hospital and the nausea has never completely gone as my pregnancy has progressed. I've had sciatica from the beginning. I've had itchy skin which has progressed to itchy bumps. The most uncomfortable symptom for me has been the varicose veins on my genitals. They are itchy, swollen and irritable. I've been dealing with other symptoms such as:
Backache
Heartburn
Palpitations
Carpal tunnel
Eye twitches
and a feeling like my tailbone is bruised.

Overall this pregnancy hasn't been my best. The only way to stop feeling all these symptoms is to give birth. It's one of those situations where you want it to be over but you don't because this is the last time you'll experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment