Saturday 4 March 2017

Pink Lining changing bag

Since having my first baby I have reused quite a lot of baby items. One being my changing bag. I started off with a simple black changing bag from Babies R Us and it did very well considering it was £20. Kaysan, my eldest, was around 13 months when the lining inside started to rip and I bought an even cheaper one from Ebay that didn't last more than 3 months.

I then fell in love with the Pink Lining changing bag range. As I browsed their website I felt as though most of their bags were no good for me because I had a boy. Looking back now I realise how silly this sounds because it's my bag not the baby's. Even when I first found out I was going to have a boy I didn't feel as though I should have a girly changing bag and I think many Mums think this and buy a changing bag that reflects the gender of their child.

I chose the Plain Jane cream bag with blue bows because I felt it was the most boyish. I bought this bag when Kaysan was 15 months old and it lasted my whole pregnancy with Noah and until Noah was potty trained at 2 years and 4 months.

I made the mistake of putting the bag in the washing machine twice. Which is not recommended by Pink Lining and I can see why. The bag became discoloured. Although this doesn't affect the use of the bag it doesn't feel very clean and with a new baby on the way I want a fresh bag. I loved the Pink Lining bag so much I wanted another but they aren't cheap. The Plain Jane bag costs £75.00. If you like the Yummy Mummy, Blooming Gorgeous or the Mama Et Bebe style bags from Pink Lining then £79.00 is what you will need to pay.

But are they worth it?

My answer is yes. These bags aren't just thrown together and you can see that just by looking at it. The materials on the bag are thick. I used my bag for around 3 years and 2 months and it has held together through all that time with two kids. No lining inside the bag has come away. All the pockets remain intact and people also buy these bags second hand so you can always make some money back.

So what are the features?

It has a wipe clean material that is almost waxy to the touch. Both handles are woven fabric. There are hand held handles that clip together by a button. This comes in handy for pushchair handles. It also has a long shoulder strap that is detachable.



The bottom of the bag and the front pocket is material.





There are two side pockets and a front pocket depending on the style. The Plain Jane doesn't have a front pocket.









The inside is vibrant pink which reflects the company's name, Pink Lining. Five pockets are inside the bag.Two on one side for bottles and a zip pocket and two other pockets on the other side. There is a pen holder and clip for your keys. The bag comes with a padded changing mat and a wet bag.




I decided after two kids and the same bag I'd refresh my changing bag. I got extremely lucky when browsing TK Maxx for a birthday present. I stumbled upon a Pink Lining Blooming Gorgeous bag. The price was just £29.99. I couldn't pass up the bag for that price. The bag is the Daffodils and Tulips pattern that was available in autumn/winter 2015. I got the bag home and thought maybe this is for a Mum with a daughter then I reminded myself that the bag was for me not the baby. I have always had changing bags that reflect I have a son and I don't know why I did that. I have decided that because this is my last baby I'm going to have a bag for me and it doesn't have to reflect the gender of my baby. I have no idea what I'm having and won't know until the birth. I'll probably have another son because I already have two so I'm going to have something for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment