Saturday 25 March 2017

30 weeks pregnant

I'VE REACHED THE 10 WEEK COUNTDOWN.

I'm 30 week now and I cannot believe it. This pregnancy hasn't been the best as I've moaned enough about so getting to this point felt light years away. Both my boys came at 39 weeks and 1 day so I could only have 9 weeks left. I am hoping to go to my due date or at least over for two reasons. One being that I'd like a June baby and the other is I'm hoping for a bit of extra time to get my living situation changed. It's a long story why I live where I do and I hate talking about it and explaining because I'm embarrassed and it's not ideal.

The last two week haven't been good for me in my personal life and that has a lot to do with my living/moving situation. For that reason I didn't make a 29 week update.

Symptoms

My symptoms for the last two weeks have been nausea, leg cramps, backache, stomach pains, feeling dizzy, heartburn, braxton hicks and can't get comfortable at night.

These symptoms are all typical of a pregnant woman in the third trimester. My pregnancy apps have all been saying the same thing about week 30. They all say that I'm probably feeling like I'm back in the first trimester and that I'm probably feeling leg cramps, backache and heartburn. They also mention sickness returning.

Growth scan

At 28 weeks exactly I had to have my first growth scan and the baby is measuring 2lb 6oz. The sonographer said they should be around 2lb by now so I thought I was good to leave the hospital for another 3 weeks. How wrong was I when she said that the baby was plotting just on the edge on the graph and that I'd have to go see the doctor on the assessment ward. I wasn't very happy about having to go wait to see a doctor. I'd arrived at 4pm with both the boys and I was half hour early. I didn't get in til 5.30pm for my scan. Both the boys had come from school and still hadn't had dinner. The entire thing was a nightmare. Even the sonographer gave me the ump. I feel like she has given away the gender. She asked if we knew what the baby was and asked if it was another boy and I said oh I don't know we didn't find out. The songrapher then said you didn't want to know. I said no we want a surprise. My eldest son then started to ask why we couldn't find out and started to beg me to find out. The sonographer said oh you want to know do you. She starts scanning and then says oh I just saw the gender...What do they want? My eldest son, Kaysan says a sister. She then says Oh shame.

I don't know about other people but I took this as oh shame you don't have your sister. I then argue with the sonographer that it was an unfair comment to make knowing we don't want to know the gender. She tried to tell me that she meant oh shame as in shame I can't tell you because he really wants to know and that I will still be surprised and that she doesn't want to argue with me because she will end up having to tell me when I don't want to know.

Bump

My belly measures almost 38 inches around for 30 weeks. I'm still smaller than last time. With my second baby I measured 40 and a half inches around at 30 weeks. So a big difference.

Test result

When I had my last midwife/thyroid check up at 28 weeks the midwife told me I had 3 plus leukocytes and 1 plus protein in my urine and that I would have to do a urine sample and drop it in at my doctors. I also had a blood test to check for cholestasis. It took almost two weeks to get my results back after calling up numerous times but both tests came back clear.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete