Saturday 11 March 2017

28 weeks pregnant

I've hit the third trimester. I can't believe it. This is the third time I've been here and I still can't believe I've almost completed three pregnancies. This is also the last time I'll be here. Just 12 weeks til due date. Well as I'm writing this two days late it's actually 11 weeks and 4 days til due date.

Symptoms

This week I've been experiencing my usual symptoms of nausea, sciatica, palpitations, lightheaded, itchy and pains in my stomach. I also experienced a new symptom of feeling thirsty. Overall this week wasn't too bad. The nausea isn't nowhere near what I was experiencing in my first trimester and in the beginning of the second trimester. I'm also still dealing with the varicose veins on my bits. I've been having warm salty baths and doing pelvic floor exercises. The most problematic symptom for me this week is the itchy skin. It always comes on in the evening and it's always on my left ankle and both sides of my hips. I've scratched so much I've made myself bleed, caused bumps to appear on my skins and even bruised my skin. It can be unbearable sometimes. E45 cream has been taking the edge off the itching.

This picture is my left ankle



I don't think pictures are showing the damage I've caused to myself very well. This one below is the right side of my hip.



Baby buys

I'm nearly finished with my shopping list for baby. I'm waiting on some dummies I ordered from Ebay to be posted to me. I bought the Avent Soothies. You can't buy them anywhere in the U.K, not that I've seen anyway, so I had to order them online.

Appointments

This week I had an appointment with the doctor at the antenatal department about my thyroid levels and they are perfect now. I was on 75 mcg before becoming pregnant and it's slowly been increased to 150 mcg and thats what I'll be staying on til delivery.

I saw the midwife before the doctor and below are my results.

Urine: leu 3 plus and Pro- trace
Weeks; 27 plus 6 days
B/P; 128/72
Pulse: 92
Fundal height: 26
Heart rate: 152 bpm

In the U.K around 28 weeks you have to have a blood test and the results were given to me at this appointment. It showed I was low in iron. My levels were 98 and they want them to be 120. So I was prescribed iron tablets.

Because my urine showed leukocytes and protein they wanted me to do a urine sample and take it to my doctors, I'm still waiting for the results of that test. I also mentioned the itching and they did a blood test to rule out cholestasis. I'm also waiting for those results. I'm assuming both tests were clear because I haven't heard anything.

You have to have alot of blood tests when you are pregnant. In the U.K you have your booking bloods when you first find out your pregnant and then you have to have bloods drawn around 28 weeks and again at around 32 weeks. Having a thyroid problem means I have to have blood tests every 6 weeks til they are happy with a new dose for me. The baby doesn't make its own thyroxine til the third trimester so yours is shared with the baby.

Bump shot- 28 weeks.



I measure just over 37 and a half inches around my waist. Baby is measuring small by my fundal height and by scans. But thats next weeks update.

No comments:

Post a Comment